The units in the Diffpack Product Line are licensed as individual products.
Each toolbox requires installation of the Diffpack Kernel but are not depending on each other.
Developer licenses are configured by selecting a Setup and a Unit from the options below:
- Single Platform Node Locked License for all supported platforms
- Usage for one Diffpack distribution locked to one specific machine.
- Multi Platform Node Locked License for all supported platforms
- Usage for all Diffpack distributions (different platforms) installed on one specific machine.
- Laptop Bundle License
- Twin license for a laptop and a desktop machine. Both must use the same distribution.
- Single and Multi Platform Network license for Linux
- Floating license available for Linux Diffpack distributions.
- Single User
- Counting concurrent users. Combines with all setups.
- Counting bundles of 5 concurrent users. Universities only. Combines only with Single Platform or Multi Platform Network Licenses.
- Counting number of processes for the Parallel Toolboxes. Combines only with Single Platform or Multi Platform Network Licenses.
Purchase of developer licenses includes one year of service, i.e. technical support and upgrades.
Continued service is purchased on an annual basis.
Applications developed under a developer license can be installed and run on a third party computer provided that a run time key is purchased per Diffpack unit used.
Computer platforms currently supported are given by this list.